The "Friends of Lake Superior Park" was established in 1993 under a cooperative agreement with Ontario Parks. The Friends of Lake Superior Park is a not-for-profit and a registered Charity. It is one of the 13 Friends organizations with the Ontario Parks system. Information on other Friends organizations can be found here.
Niijkiwenhwag (nij-ki-wen-i-wog) is the Ojibwe word for "friends".
Our main purpose is to enhance the educational and interpretive programs in Lake Superior Provincial Park.
- extending work contracts for Natural Heritage Education (NHE)
- funding for NHE programs and equipment through an annual grant
- sponsoring music concerts and other special events
- printing and sale of several publications about the park
- provide funds for special projects like the backcountry composting toilet at Warp Bay
- benches (can be sponsored) that visitors can use to enjoy the park scenery
- host an event on the Fall Colours Weekend
- created and maintain the www.lakesuperiorpark.ca website to provide more information about the park
- Donations to the park - we can help - please contact us